The memorable Top Five sequence of events have been:
1. found a loyal, reliable friend here in Chicago -- with the same birthday!
4. managed to tango with both family AND friends during a single trip to NC. Dad and Mom are playing opposite roles again.
2011 midyear financial and health goals are on track but others got pushed to the side. Top ten updates are:
1. Mint & maximize money - spending is trending downward after Mint kept reminding me of the budget; see chart below. My banks are dissolving their debit cashback programs! :( so I'll have to go back to managing points. I did move savings into a high yield account at a credit union thanks to my sister.
2. retirement - company is matching my 401k and I've doubled contributions
3. minimize in-office/away-from-home time - done, the bike also helps :) also moved the truck into a garage.
5. volunteer in more races - mostly failing at this LOL! I barely met the deadline to stay in T2 and am spending all my time exercising on the bike instead of running. There's only 2 months for me to catch up.
6. code more Perl! - done very little. would need to find a project for motivation. On a side note, I still get unsolicited emails and calls for job offers :)
7. fix some minor but irritating health concerns - several changes that are all on target. Got a new primary care doctor (because my previous one became a specialist) so working on getting him to be more aggressive and proactive, got a new yet old-school dentist that is doing dental work (not cosmetic work) on issues I've complained about for awhile, went back to my old dermatologist and am working on two fronts with him, and found a quick orthopedic surgeon to repair my arm.
8. continue with the Fun List - have found friends that like playing just have to come up with more excuses for gaming night :)
9. company midyear - basically need to show off my skillz :)